Saturday, July 7, 2012

2nd Grade Postcard Exchange Anyone??

So I've been throwing around the idea of starting my own postcard exchange... I was involved in one last year, and only 18 classes signed up for it, and we only got about 6 postcards... and I was awful at sending them out during my month.  I got all confused about when it was my month, and then I was at a loss for what to write, excuses, excuses, but they finally made it to the post office (after we were finished with school, I'm so ashamed).  I was really sad at the involvement level, and I know that I'm partly to blame, but I think that a postcard exchange is a great idea, and I would love to participate in one again.  But every time I try to enter one, Georgia has already been taken... I know that there are a bajillion teachers in the USA, and a lot of them teach 2nd... so I'm taking the plunge and starting my own postcard exchange!!!  If you'd like to participate (and I so hope you will!!), send me an email at lauren.e.dennis@gmail.com with your name, school name, and address and I'll enter you on my newly created spreadsheet!

Edit: Please spread the news about this exchange!  I really want to have every state represented!!!

Wisconsin, Utah, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisiana, North Carolina, New York, New Mexico, Nevada, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Hawaii, Georgia, Florida, California, Arizona have been claimed!

11 comments:

The Writing Mama said...

Hi! I will be a first year teacher teaching 2nd grade this year and would love to participate in the postcard exchange. I have never participated in one, so I'm not exactly sure how it works. If you could give me the details and let me know what all I would need to do, I'll be able make a decision! Thanks!

Ashley
www.secondgradeparadise.blogspot.com

Miss Dennis said...

You would buy a postcard for every classroom involved, hopefully 50, and write a little bit about your state, your city, and your school. I'm thinking that we'll send out the postcards by winter break so that everyone has a chance to get them before school gets out! There are some great resources (like a notebook with a page for each state) available through a few blogs... I'll post more information once all of the states are collected!

You in?

Kelli said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and giving me encouragement on my failed giveaway!! What is your email address : )

Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher

Miss Dennis said...

Hey Kelli, it's lauren.e.dennis@gmail.com

Hope you had a great weekend!

Mrs. Betty Nichols said...

Lauren,

I'm sending an email to you with my contact info--would love to participate!

Thanks,
Betty Nichols

thebusybusyhive said...

I would love to! I teach 1st grade in Kentucky so don't know if you would want us. If you do we would love to do it!!

Heather
heather.byers@saintpaulschool.net
Love for you to buzz by=)
The Busy Busy Hive

Corinna said...

Sounds like fun! I will send you an email:)

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Lorena said...

I'd love to participate. I'll email you too. I teach in Nevada, by any chance do you Skype? I am trying to find a class to also Skype with.

Lorena

Miss Dennis said...

Heather, send me your info!

Lorena, I've never Skyped yet, but once we get everyone signed up you can email everyone to see if anyone else Skypes!

~~jill4bama~~ said...

Hi,
I just found your blog. I'm interested in sending postcards. Can you tell me a little more about what is involved?

Jill
2nd grade
Alabama

jill4bama@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

Hi, I teach 1st grade in new jersey and I would love to participate if you have a spot. I would also be interested in skipping. My eamil is jmolloy@whschool.org