Friday, April 20, 2012

blast from the past

Just a quick post before the kiddos get here this morning, I swear that the solar storms are still going on in my house, the internet flat-out refused to work yesterday...

So we're chugging along in our study of fairy tales, and my "Frog Prince" book has a record that goes with it.  The kiddos were so confused by this strange object.  When I asked them what they thought it was, or if they had ever seen one before I got answers like "it's this thing that you put in an old-school DVD player."  I quickly sent a post-it to the Media Center to see if they still had a record player, AND THEY DID!!  We plugged it up, slapped that record down, and you wouldn't believe how silent it was as I set it up.  We listened to the story, and had to flip the record over halfway through, they were so amazed!!

Here are a few pics I snapped with my phone, it was so cute to see them all huddled around watching the record spin!

Happy Friday!
Only 23 more days to go here in Georgia!!

2 comments:

Lohren Nolan said...

Just found your blog and am now following! So cute! I just started on and would love if you could come follow.

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan

Randi said...

I'm your newest follower! Love the owls!

Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page